Whether you’re just starting your core-shredding journey or you’re looking to add an ab finisher onto your next workout, these three exercise will leave you burning.
Men’s Health’s Jason Lee shows you how.
1. Bicycle crunches
- Lie faceup with your hips and knees bent 90 degrees so that your lower legs are parallel to the floor. Place your fingers on the sides of your forehead.
- Lift your shoulders off the floor and hold them there.
- Twist your upper body to the right as you pull your right knee in as fast as you can until it touches your left elbow. Simultaneously straight your left leg.
- Return to the starting position and repeat to the right.
2. Mountain climber
- Set up on the floor as though in a sprinter’s blocks, with one foot positioned beneath your waist and one back, with your leg straight.
- Explosively swap foot positions. Repeat for the prescribed reps.
3. Russian twists
- Sit holding the weight plate or medicine ball with your arms extended and feet off the floor.
- Quickly twist at the torso, turning from side to side.